• Small amount of money for miscellaneous expenses (i.e. laundry, telephone, vending machines).
• Prescription card and any prescription medications you take on a regular basis & insurance cards and/or claim forms.
• Photo ID.
• Keep in pocket, not in luggage: names, addresses & phone numbers of people you need to contact.
Q: How will I get there?
A Seafield driver will pick you up wherever you are – home, detox, hospital, etc. between 8 am and noon. Please be ready, driver will call shortly before pickup.
Q: How many bags of luggage can I bring?
You can bring whatever you yourself can carry. We have coin-operated washers and dryers so we suggest you bring a 1 week supply of clothing.
Q: Can I get a pass to leave facility for the day?
Usually not, we ask that our clients take care of their affairs prior to coming into treatment.
Q: Can I leave the Seafield grounds after I am admitted?
Seafield is not a locked facility, but you are restricted to remain on the grounds.
Q: Can I use telephone?
Telephones are available to be used at specified hours; however usage is at the discretion of the client’s case manager.
Q: Can my family and friends visit me during my treatment, and bring items I forgot to bring with me?
• Family Program Day is on Sunday. You will be asked to provide us with a list of those you wish to see during treatment, an invitation will be sent.
• If you forgot personal items, your visitors may bring them when they visit on Sunday.
• No food items will be allowed.
Q: Can I have money sent to me while I am in treatment?
• Postal Money Orders may be sent.
• NO personal checks will be cashed.
Q: How will I get home?
We encourage your family or a friend to pick you up on your discharge date. If this is not possible, a Seafield driver will take you to a major railroad station in you area – i.e. clients from New York City will go to the Jamaica LIRR Station.
Q: Will you find me housing if I have no where to go after treatment?
All our clients leave Seafield with a continuing treatment program. Everyone’s needs are different and we try to fill those needs. We may have suggestions for Sober Living, but we cannot guarantee housing.
Q: Can you accommodate my special dietary needs?
Yes, we have a full time registered dietitian who will work closely with you in developing a meal plan that meets your needs.
”We believe in treating the whole person and work to help every person reach their fullest potential. We emphasize the importance of staying solution focused.”
-Anita Marie Young, LCSW-R, BCD, Corporate Director of Clinical Services, Seafield Center